Project: Remote Terminal Copa Airlines
Started in November 2002, Finished in December 2002
- Engineer Nelson Ferrer, Supervisor
- Engineer Abdel Nader, Resident
- Relocation of the existing offices of the National Post office and National Police
- Air conditioning system
- Steel structure for exterior eave
- Suspended ceiling
- Reconstruction of restrooms for men and women
- Repair of existing roof slab
With the creation of the Hub of the Americas and the increase of the fleet, COPA Airlines found itself in the need to add new departure lounges to attend the increasing number of passengers.
The building that was offering service to the domestic flights was re-conditioned and also it was lodging the facilities of the Police and Post office. As soon as the works were finished three new departure lounges were added to attend international flights.
The passengers are taken to this new terminal by means of a bus system. This remote terminal provides all the necessary services for the attention of passengers, counters with computers showing flight information, restroom facilities and comfortable seating.