Project: Hewlett Packard Call Center
Hewlett Packard Global Services Panama
Started in September 2008, Finished in September 2009
- Engineer Nelson Ferrer, Supervisor
- Engineer Alejandro Ferrer, Resident
- Remodeling of the existing building to house a call center
- Complete electrical system, including electric generator
- Sprinklers system
- Air conditioning system of direct expansion
- Application of Icynene insulation
- Water storage tanks (39,000 gallo
Hewlett Packard decides to open a call center in Panama dedicated to offer customer service to other companies. This is part of another business operation not related to the computer and printing business HP is known for.
Hewlett Packard decides to rent an existing building, Torre Forum (previous Mr. Frog’s) to remodel and carry out the project.
The challenge consisted in converting a building originally designed for a discotheque in an office ambience fulfilling the standard of Hewlett Packard on a global scale.
The work consisted of the remodeling of 4300 m2 of closed area for offices and 4500 m2 for parking lots.
The fire system is provided with a vertical turbine pump and sprinklers throughout the building.