Project: Gymnasium Auditorium Colegio Episcopal De Panama
Colégio Episcopal de Panamá
Started in May 2000, finished in August 2001
- Engineer Nelson Ferrer, Supervisor
- Engineer Abdel Nader, Resident
- Air conditioning system
- Curved roof truss structure
- “Fish bone” type floor drainage system
- Ceiling with acoustic insulation panels
- Hardwood floors for the auditorium stage
- Facade with aluminum and glass profiles
Colegio Episcopal de Panama created in 1965, saw the need to improve its facilities through a building that fulfills the function of gymnasium of sport events and auditorium for cultural activities and graduation ceremonies.
The architectonic design conceived the auditorium below ground level, therefore it was necessary to build retaining walls along the entire perimeter. Because of a high ground water table, an underground drainage became necessary, which was canalized towards a dumping pit. The pit houses a 24/7 pumping station with redundant units to control the underground water levels.