Project: Copa Airlines Hangar Expansion
Started in March 2003, Finished in December 2003
- Engineer Nelson Ferrer, Supervisor
- Engineer Abdel Nader, Resident
- Roof replacement at the North and South wings
- Installation of early fire detection system
- Installation of fire extinguisher system
- Repair of electrical system
- Reconstruction of wall in the workshop
With the increase of operations of COPA Airlines it became a need to make improvements at the Hangar. The building has more than 50 years of service, was showing obvious signs of deterioration.
Due to the importance of the logbook room, where all the airplanes records of COPA Airlines are stored, an early fire detection system of high technology was installed. The detection system is interconnected to the recently installed fire extinguisher system of FM-200 gas. The electrical system of the building was improved to support the increasing need of the company.
The roof of the North and South wings was replaced due to its weathered appearance. A loading vehicle impacted one of the walls of the hangar, requiring prompt solution. A new wall was built to secure a spare part storage.